There is a Science Forum in the College funded by State Council for Science & technology since 2012. The Committee comprises of a Coordinator and members from among the faculty of the Science Stream.In the college it plays an active role in developing a scientificoutlook among its students through a number of programmes and campaigns. The forum encouragesand engages the students in sciencerelated programmes both within the college and outside. Thestudents of the college involve themselves in such activities and participate in movements against superstitious beliefsin the society.
The Forum observes the National Science day every year on 28th of February and arranges for Meet the Scientist programmes , also various in – house lectures, debates, popular talks, poster exhibitions, competitions are organized. Students , not only from Science subjects but also from other background participate and get the message of imbibing scientific values.Two students from this college also bagged the 1st prize for presenting their project in 2016.
The admission process of the Govt. colleges of Tripura is centrally managed by the Directorate of Higher Education. The admission process in the institution is formulated by DHE. A central admission committee is formed to frame the policy regarding admission and the colleges are directed accordingly. Admission notification is displayed on the college notice board describing the necessary information regarding admission to this college.
The College Prospectus containing information about the courses, number of seats, eligibility criteria is distributed with the application form. The academic, administrative and financial aspects regarding the admission process is clearly mentioned in the instructions . The Prospectus and the Admission Form containing information about admission is uploaded in the college websitewww.bbmc.nic.in. The detailed information regarding the admission process (i.e., admission schedule and merit list for admission) is also uploaded in the website. The College adheres strictly to the scheduled dates for distribution and receipt of application forms and other rules and regulations laid down by the Department of Higher Education, Government of Tripura and Tripura University. The college follows the academic calendar as issued by the Tripura University giving the last date for admission. The students are admitted strictly on merit basis and proportionate quota for SC/ST/PW are maintained in accordance with the rules framed by the Govt. of Tripura. The lists of the selected candidates along with their marks obtained in the H.S Examination are displayed on the college notice board. Thus, transparency is ensured from the notification till the completion of admission process. Access, equity and social justice are ensured through transparency and strict adherence to the rules. The teachers also counsel the students at the entry level to find out their knowledge for choosing the particular subject
- The college caters to a large number of students (3835) in the district belonging to all caste and creed hailing inclusive education policy.
- The college has an adequate area of 9.2 acres.
- The college has one Academic building which has six floors and houses the Staff room, Library,27 classrooms, 4 Laboratories, the Departments, one well-furnished canteen and 1 Administrative Building. A playground is also being carved out to cater to the students.
- The faculty strength is 54 among which there are 15 Associate Professors, 20 Assistant Professors and 19 Post Graduate Teachers. To cater to the increase in students’ strength 17 Guest teachers are also engaged.
- Out of 18 subjects the college offers Honours Courses in 11 subjects. The average student teacher ratio is 1:45,
- The College has campus-LAN and Wi-Fi connectivity (limited area) functioning for round the clock and internet facility available of 10Mbps broadband (under NMEICT project) and one 512 Kbps WI-max internet connectivity.
- The central library has customized Library management software.
- The College has six (06) smart classrooms equipped with projectors and PA systems. Smart-classrooms are yet to be equipped with digital boards for more effective interactive classes
Vision :The vision of the institution is to become a model institution rooted in traditional values with global perspective while competently serving to the academic necessity of Tripura. The ultimate aim is inclusive education, to inculcate highest human values and professionalism among its students so that they become intellectually competent, morally upright and sensitive to the needs of the society in particular and the humanity as a whole. The College aims to be a leader in consolidating teaching and learning, in extension of knowledge base through research and scholarship and in endorsement/creation of leadership in service and other related fields beneficial for the Mankind. It also cherishes the vision of equipping the students, the future citizens, to cope with the socio-cultural milieu in a fast changing and complex society where every local issue or sphere of life is gaining global significance.
Mission : The mission of Bir Bikram Memorial College is to deepen and extend knowledge about the formation and utilization of human capabilities. The institution tirelessly strives to
- impart liberal education, imbibe moral, spiritual values ,
- sensitize students about environment-friendly values
- produce intellectually sound, morally upright, socially concerned men and women ,
- to prepare young people to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world,
- equip the students to take their rightful place in society in this twenty first century
- provide efficient and pragmatic training according to the changing demands of the present century